Tuesday, November 29, 2011

BP3_ Wordle





I spent some time discovering some really exciting web tools that is great for engaging both students and teachers in literacy learning.  As I discovered these new web tools, I have been highly intentional and purposeful in the way that we use them in our teaching.   It’s not about just using a 2.0 tool because it’s cool and flashy.  I really spend time thinking about how each particular tool may strengthen our teaching and make it easier for students to grasp the concepts we are presenting.

Wordle creates a “word cloud” that helps to interpret the meaning of the words by assigning font size according to how frequently the word appears in a text or is typed into the Wordle text box.  We have used Wordle for brainstorming and as a reflection tool at the end of a professional development session.  Below is a Wordle that I created from the poem that’s on my blog.  www.wordle.net















1 comments:

allawishes1906 said...

Now this is a Web 2.0 tool I believe would be highly beneficial for my music students. I sometimes have an issue with only placing them on a performance based curriculum, but there are several hundred words thats constantly used for understanding and grasping all aspects of music! I could place those words within a web 2.0 tool and allow them to access resources online which would enhance their motivation for that particular learning process! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates